Friday, June 3, 2011

How much should I pay for labor to change starter in my car?

05 Ford Focus.



Bought the starter by myself for $145



How much should I pay for labor?



Thanks.How much should I pay for labor to change starter in my car?Shop rates can be anywhere from $45.00 to $100.00 an hour.



Changing a starter in a Focus would take around 6 to 7 tenths of an hour.



Be advised though, the shop will warranty their labor but if the starter itself fails, they will charge you again to change it out. Many shops will not use customer furnished parts.



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Additional Details

Also, this is a %26quot;friend%26quot; of mine that's helping me to take the old starter off and put the new one in. He said just pay me what you think is fair.%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;



That changes things a bit then!



A fair price may be a case or two of his favorite %26quot;adult beverage%26quot; nice and cold! Pizza is good as well.How much should I pay for labor to change starter in my car?$100How much should I pay for labor to change starter in my car?I think you should probably pay whatever the guy wants who puts it in or he won't give you back your car.



You actually have to ask the person you get to do it.How much should I pay for labor to change starter in my car?Bring the parts in yourself they're going to charge you 2 hours of labor (around 160-180). Less if you bought it from the shop (probably 125-150) but more for the part (around 200).



Total will be around 300-325 for the part you already bought + the labor. So you shaved a couple of bucks probably.